Friday, March 22, 2013

Florals - Yes or No

Vicki Archer had an intriguing post called "French Women Don't Do Florals". I had to  laugh because I had just gotten a floral pant suit for Spring.

Kate Spade

Do you think Americans wear florals? Or the English? Or South Americans? Do they wear them in Italy or Spain?



I don't like "mumsy" florals that can drown a woman of any age, but I obviously enjoy the right print.
What about you? Will you wear on trend florals this Spring and Summer? 





Photo by Sara Essex Bradley - My new floral pant suit - I'll also wear the pants alone with a striped fisherman's shirt and flats



I always loved the idea of a floral print chintz suit ever since I saw Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
wear one on the old BBC show "Changing Rooms" (that became "Trading Spaces" in the US)


Hover over any image to Pin it.


Please add my NEW address to your blog list:
http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

16 comments:

  1. If only I could pull off floral skinny jeans, a huge leather bag, a feather-trimmed blazer and gigunda leopard heels! The most floral that this woman will be wearing is a Liberty of London, cotton shift that I'm thinking about buying. But, then again, no one has ever accused me of being on the cutting edge of fashion. Is the preppy look coming back? Love your new suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you look killer chic! LOVE it! Anyway, YES, florals, but I live them in dresses or skirts. To hot in pants in the spring/summer!
    But it's still icy here around! : (
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You enhance the suit so fabulously that you make everyone want to run out and purchase it or wish they could! You rock it sista! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto the above anonymous comment......you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! Just bought floral pants + stripe tops + polka dot leggings this week!!! Crushing on prints for Spring - BIG time! BTW: You look FAB-U-LOUS in that floral print suit!! LOVE the glasses too <3

    xo Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to florals....splash it big, little and in between! But, plan well and think about the scheme. Makes a difference! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORE FLORALS! nothing says Spring quite like a bright floral print.
    i'm a huge fan. :-)

    xo
    termite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look Fabulous Valorie... and that is all there is to it... :) xv

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so fab Val! Well, you always do, but that floral pantsuit is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. via FB

    Why not???

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. via FB

    Big yes because the scale is correct.

    Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  12. via FB

    yes

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  13. You...look...adorable! Totally chic. The floral is vibrant, bold without being gaudy, the shoes are the bomb, and you are caring this off like no body's business -- great look and inspiring! Lori - Jackson, MS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought a blouse with large flowers in various shades of hot pink....and it's from Paris haha. Hey as long as its not sweatpants wear what you want. Your outfit is very pretty. I'm a reserved person so I couldn't pull it off.

    ReplyDelete